WAND cards last for three years or until you are 18 years old. If your WAND card is about to expire, please complete a new application form and email or post it in to the address below.
Please include ONE of the following:
- written evidence that you get child tax credit which includes the disabled child element, OR
- a letter confirming current receipt of disability living allowance (DLA) at the middle or higher rate (for either mobility or care), or personal independence payment (PIP), OR
- a letter from a medical, educational or other professional addressed to the Disabled Children's Register (DCR), confirming that there is a complex health need that impacts significantly on getting about and accessing services.
Do I need to complete separate forms for each child or young person who needs a new card?
- Yes, please. You will need to complete a separate form for each child or young person, 0- 18 years old.
Do you need me to send in original proof of eligibility?
- No. We don't need to see original documentation - send us a photocopy with your Disabled Children's Register (DCR) and WAND card application form. If you are applying by email, please scan or photograph the documents and attach them to your email. If you send us the original, we will copy and post it back. However, if you can bring it in to the Customer Reception at the Town Hall, it can be photocopied and the copy sent up to us.
Can I have a WAND card if I'm not a member of Wandsworth's Disabled Children's Register (DCR)?
- No. You need to be a member of the DCR and aged between 0 and 18 years to get a WAND Card. However, not all members will be eligible for the card, which is aimed at children and young people with complex needs that significantly impact on their ability to get out and about. Details are listed above.
Can my friend join and have a WAND card too?
- Any child or young person with special needs can apply to join the Disabled Children's Register (DCR), or parents or carers can apply on their behalf, provided they are a Wandsworth resident. To qualify for a WAND card, see the criteria listed above.
Anyone with a query about eligibility is welcome to call Eleanor or Lucia from the Family Information Service on 020 8871 7899, or email email@example.com
Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us:
020 8871 7899
Text us on 07797 805 456 - text FIS at the beginning of your message