What is a Wiki Website?
A Wiki Website is your very own secure, private website. You can add pictures, videos and sound clips to your Wiki Website to tell your story and share your successes, hopes and dreams.
This can help people you trust, to get to know you better. You can easily add new things to your Wiki Website.
You can see your Wiki Website on a computer, laptop, tablet (ipad) or even a phone. You need to have the internet to see and add things to your Wiki Website.
Why is called a Wiki? Wiki means “quick” in the Hawaiian language.
What does a Wiki look like?
It is really quick and easy to make a Wiki. You don’t need lots of special equipment or software. Just a computer or tablet with an internet connection. A digital camera and microphone are also useful to record pictures and videos to add to your Wiki
To see some more examples:
- visit the Rix website http://rixresearchandmedia.org/rix/our-thinking/case-studies/
- RIX Research Website www.rixresearch.org
- RIX Media Website www.rixmedia.org
Watch a video:
- What is a Wiki? Animation https://vimeo.com/113480394
Examples of Wikis:
- Wiki Case studies https://goo.gl/c1QuL2
- Using a Rix Wiki for an EHC Plan http://rixresearchandmedia.org/using-a-rix-wiki-for-a-online-ehcp-a-parents-story/ (Alfie's Wiki)
- Sharing Shane’s Wiki https://vimeo.com/80887952
Other Local Authorities using Wikis
- Nottinghamshire's Wiki Websites information https://goo.gl/GqdthM
- Camden Council's information Wikis https://goo.gl/jO83ZA
Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us:
020 8871 7899
Text us on 07797 805 456 - text FIS at the beginning of your message