Skip to main content

Advice on Independent Support, assessments for Education Health and Care (EHC) Plans, personal budgets and direct payments

Education Health and Care (EHC) Plans

Advice including Independent Support, on assessments for Education Health and Care (EHC) Plans, personal budgets, direct payments and all related matters is available from a number of sources.

Independent Support Scheme.

Parents, carers and young people (aged 16-25) can refer for themselves for Independent Support to either of the two provider services, Contact Wandsworth  or Wandsworth Information, Advice and Support Service (formerly PPS) by phone, email or face to face. Both services offer free, impartial, confidential expert advice.

Schools, children’s centres, the local authority and other services may also refer parents/carers or young people to these services.

Other local sources of advice include:

Positive Parent Action

KIDS SEND Mediation Service

National sources of advice include:

Contact, for families wirh disabled children 

Independent Parental Advice Service IPSEA


The Council for Disabled Children (CDC)

Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us: 
020 8871 7899
Text us on 07797 805 456 - text FIS at the beginning of your message

Back to top Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited