Unique Youth, a specialist after school club, runs at the George Shearing Centre. Referrals are taken from parents/carers or social workers and then either a home visit is arranged or if the parent/carer prefers a visit to the centre is organised.
Unique Youth is for young people aged 13-25 years old with severe learning disabilities and complex needs.
At Unique Youth you can:
- meet your friends in an informal setting;
- do various activities – including pool, drumming, football, art, computers and the Wii;
- enjoy the sensory room;
- take part in half term activities in February and October;
- go on residentials through the year and
- relax with three weeks of holiday activities in the summer.
The centre is fully accessible with access to a fenced garden.