Richmond Adult Community College (RACC) provides a centre of learning where students can extend existing skills and acquire new ones. RACC exists to meet the learning and development needs of adults and young people and to help them progress in life, achieve career, business and personal development goals.
While the majority of courses are aimed at adults aged 18+, the College also has vocational and GCSE courses for 16-19 year olds. The College also welcomes mature students. Richmond Business School is the business training arm of the college offering professional/vocational courses for people and businesses across London and Surrey.
RACC is dedicated to providing the resources that enable adults to unlock their talent and fulfil their potential through learning, skills and enterprise. To achieve this objective, the College is committed to six fundamental principles:
• To provide further education to develop pathways needed to progress to higher education
• To provide adult learning to stimulate self fulfilment and personal development
• To provide basic skills and pre-vocational training to aid in gaining employment
• To develop workplace based, vocational training for those seeking to upgrade their qualifications or who require training to help them change their career path or become self employed.
• To provide outreach programmes enabling progression to community life and/or employment
• To develop work and life skills training for adults with learning disabilities
Note: Some courses are based at the Clifden Centre, Clifden Road, Twickenham TW1 4LT