The library is a place where you can go to find information, to borrow books, use the internet and other resources. Reading materials are available in a number of languages and formats.
The service can be used by all children, young people and adults.
Services available include:
- adult and children's books
- internet access
- teenage area
- learning suite with 12 PCs
- talking books
- books in Polish, Chinese and Indic languages, including Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi, Guajarati, Bengali, Tamil and Farsi
- fax service
- black and white photocopier
- accessible toilet and baby changing facility
- small-battery recycling unit
- distribution point for recycling sacks
- Asian Community Library - extensive collections of fiction and non-fiction in Indic languages, books in English on Asian culture and information service
In order to borrow books or dvds you need to join the library. To do this, you will need to complete a library application form and provide a proof of identity and address. You will then be given a library membership card, which you will need to have with you to borrow items.