The Prince’s Trust Development Awards help tackle financial barriers that may be preventing you from accessing education, training or employment.
Who can apply?
- Young people aged between 14 to 25 years.
- People aged 14–16 who are not expecting to achieve five GCSEs grades A-C or aged 16-25 who are not in education, training or employment.
- Awards are only open to UK Residents.
What can I get?
The Prince's Trust aims to change the lives of young people, helping them to develop confidence in themselves, learn new skills and get practical and financial support.
- Development awards: grants of up to £500 to assist young people with getting into education, training or employment. Examples of support include grants for equipment, clothing, travel costs, fees (including licence fees) or childcare costs.
- Community cash awards: grants of up to £3,000 to design and set up a youth led community project.
- Enterprise programme: Start up loan funding for unemployed young people to start a business. This fund is available for those aged 18 to 30 years.
How do I apply?
You must complete a form which is available on the Trust's website, which should be returned to the local regional office, details of which are also available on the website. Potential applicants are also welcome to phone, or text 'Call Me' to 07983 385418 to discuss an application.
What is not funded?
No grants for university course fees, trips, gap year funding or welfare.
The Prince's Trust also runs many programmes which provide young people with personal development, training and opportunities to help them move into work. Details of these can be found on the website.