The 30 Hours Extended Childcare Offer - an additional 15 hours of funded childcare for working parents of 3 and 4 year olds
Are you a working parent with a three year old child? Does your child attend a nursery or childminder?
Would you benefit from an additional 15 hours of funded childcare?
** Click Here To Apply **
You must have applied, and received your eligibility code, before 31 December 2017 for a 30 hour place in January 2018. If you have your code but don't have a place with a childcare provider please contact the Early Education and Childcare Team on 020 8871 7899 (please choose option 1).
All 3 and 4 year old children are entitled to 15 hours of funded term time childcare. From September 2017, some working parents will be able to claim an additional 15 hours of funded childcare.
To be eligible to apply for the additional 15 hours of funded childcare, the household must:
- Be a two-parent working family or a lone working parent
- Have all parents working and each parent earning on average:
- the equivalent of 16 hours a week at the National Minimum or Living Wage (includes income received from tax credits or Universal Credit), and
- earning less than £100,000 per year
NB if one parent’s income exceeds £100,000 the household will not be eligible
Both parents usually working, but one is temporarily out of work for a particular reason, as explained below:
- One/ both parent/s is away from work on leave (parental, maternity etc.)
- One/ both parent/s is in receipt of Statutory Sick Pay
- Parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible, as are those who are registered as self-employed.
- One parent is employed and the other parent has either: substantial caring responsibilities/ and or disability based on specific benefits received for caring; is a foster carer with their own three- and four-year-old children.
Parents who are in training will not be eligible as they can receive other Government support.
Parents can apply at https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow.
Please also look at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for help with childcare options.
Please note that to start a 30 hour place in January 2018, parents must have applied and received their eligibility code by 31 December 2017. Please try to do this as early as possible to avoid any complications or disappointment.
Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us:
Wandsworth Early Education and Childcare Places Team (EECP)
Phone: 020 8871 7899 (option 1)