CLICK (Children Living in Care Kouncil) is a group of young people aged 13-18 who are looked after by Wandsworth Council. They represent and speak up on behalf of children looked after to make a difference, positively influence decision making and shape the services they receive. There are many opportunities CLICK can make a difference for other young people by;
- Running projects on key issues that affect them
- Communicating with their ‘Corporate Parents’ and key decision makers such as the Corporate Parenting Panel, staff away days etc
- Being involved in the recruitment and selection of staff that work with children looked after
- Deliver tailored training to both young people and professionals
- Hosting various events throughout the year for other Wandsworth Children Looked After.
Ofsted February 2016 said ‘Participation is a strength in the local authority, and young people play a positive role in developing and improving services. Members of CLICK and Care leavers all spoke positively about their engagement with the local authority and the range of activities they are involved in.’
CLICK’s previous projects can include the CLICK office make over, redesigning the Wandsworth Pledge, the Big CLICK survey, becoming an AQA Centre, annual residential trips and more…..
CLICK’s current projects can include the ‘Wandsworth: Journey through care’ guide, starter packs to promote independence, mentoring and apprenticeships.
What CLICK members can gain from being a member:
- Meeting other young people and make new friends
- Leaning new skills
- Receive an AQA accreditation and reference which can be helpful for your CV
- Making a positive impact for young people in care
- Access to information and support
- And most importantly to have fun and create new positive memories!
We also have a younger group called Double CLICK that are aged 6-12 which meet in the school holidays.
Please see the flyer attached for the dates that CLICK are meeting.