Contact Wandsworth is the local office of Contact, the charity for families with disabled children, and is funded to provide targeted family support services to families with disabled children in Wandsworth.
Parents and carers can contact this service themselves or ask a professional, such as a health visitor, to help them. In order to receive services you will need to get in touch so that a member of the team can go through a registration form with you.
Contact Wandsworth provides services to families with children with disabilities and special educational needs across the borough including:
- drop-in and phone support services on any issues related to your disabled child
- a family worker service for families with disabled children 0-13 in each of the three localities Battersea, Tooting and Roehampton
- holiday events and outings for the whole family at subsidised rates
- particular focus on welfare rights, education, benefits, debt and financial advice;
- workshops on topics including: Understanding Behaviour, Coping with emotions and Toilet training
- advice around short breaks, leisure and holiday activities;
- a quarterly newsletter with local and national updates
- a monthly e-bulletin with local and national updates
- links with Positive Parent Action to ensure parent participation in the borough
- working closely with a steering group of local parents
Professionals working with families can also get advice and help with benefits, grants and any other issues.