Come along and join in with our fun activities to help your child to begin to develop a love of stories and books. Activities help to support children’s language and literacy development. The Librarian will also be here to read stories to families.
This session is for dads, mums and carers accompanied by children aged 0-3 years.
The activity aims to:
- introduce and encourage a love of books;
- help parents and carers to understand the importance of sharing stories from an early age;
- help parents and carers to understand the importance of music and rhyme to their child’s developing language and communication;
- help children to develop good listening and concentration skills; and
- be enjoyable and stimulating.
The Tooting librarian will be at the centre every last Thursday of the month for stories and songs.
This session is by invitation only. Please contact the centre.