Proud Parents is a group for parents of LGBTQ+ children, supported by Free2B. Free2B is a London based Community Interest Company with the aim of supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, those questioning their sexuality &/or gender, plus individuals who define themselves by alternative identities (LGBTQ+).
We provide a unique provision in delivering three distinct, yet interrelated services:
- support for young people;
- support for parents and
- LGBTQ+ training for organisations & education establishments.
Our core aim is to provide a safe, social space for LGBTQ+ young people and parents to be able to come together, share common experiences and ‘be themselves’ without fear of discrimination.
- The Gap LGBTQ+ youth club for young people aged 13-19
- Free2Talk 1:1 mentoring for young people aged 13-18
- Proud Parents for parents of LGBTQ+ children
- LGBTQ+ awareness training
Next meeting Monday 14 May 6 to 8 pm.
The new format is as below. Proud Parents will be offering 121 sessions to parents should you want to take it up.
- Start at 6pm
- Group chat and catch up.
- Guest speaker 6.30pm - Sarah Edwards talk on adopting her daughter.
- Tea/Coffee/refreshments 7pm
- Group chat - 7.15pm
- 121 support with Nicki and/or Siobhan Hickey - educational psychologist - 7.15pm
- Finish at 8pm.