Positive Activities for Young People (PAYP) is a programme aimed at young people who are at risk of dropping out or who may get into trouble.
The programme is for young people aged 8-19 years of age but with a particular focus on 13-17 year olds, who live or are at school or college in the Borough of Wandsworth.
Young people on PAYP have a key worker who will:
- get to know and form a relationship with the young person;
- encourage and support the young person to learn new skills and get involved in activities that will develop new opportunities;
- meet with their young person on a regular basis to help them plan and support them with new skills or problems they have;
- produce an individual action plan with the young person which is reviewed and updated; and
- help them contact any other services they might need, stay in touch with their school or college and introduce them to youth clubs and other youth facilities.
Alongside the key worker, young people on PAYP will be offered to meet their needs and develop their skills and interests. Examples are:
- gym, football, kick boxing and other sports;
- music, dance and drama;
- special groups and mentoring;
- anger management;
- life skills;
- drugs and sexual health workshops; and
- CV and job search.
Please contact the telephone number given for more information.