Get Set GO 3 ! Next steps into Adulthood for young people, aged 14-25 with special needs and disabilities (SEND). This free event jointly organised by Wandsworth Council and South Thames College, with funding from Wandsworth Ambitions Careers Cluster, and support from Positive Parent Action is for young people, 14-25 with SEND, their parents/carers and other service providers, and professionals.
Why not try the Get Set GO3! Wiki?
With more stands, workshops and presentations than last year’s excellent event, the remit has been widened in response to feedback to include Health, Housing and Social Activities. Along with Employment, these are arranged in four Zones.
This event will demonstrate the various routes young people can take into education, employment, training, independent travel, independent living, health support, money and benefits, social life and more.
Schools will be bringing groups of students aged from 14 to 19. Young people 14 to 25 years old, at out of borough schools or colleges, parents, carers, professionals, employers, teachers, providers and trainers are all welcome to join us for this exciting event.
Please use Eventbrite to book your free place, which includes a light lunch: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/get-set-go-3-tickets-38653674180
If you are a provider, exhibition spaces are free, please contact the organisers by email on email@example.com to book your stall and lunch.
This event follows on from 2016 and 2017's hugely successful Get Set GO! events. We have a range of exhibitors covering a wide offer of provision and services. These include education, traineeships, housing options, health information, benefits and social life. You can attend all or just part of the morning.
There will be inspiring speakers, workshops to take part in, a dramatic performance from the Baked Bean Theatre Company and demonstrations of the latest technology to support young people. To give you an idea of the event, the DCR Newsletter attached, has an article on pages 14 and 15 about Get Set Go2! The programme so far is also attached.
Find out about:
- your choices after school or college
- alternatives to education
- Local training and support activities and forthcoming events
- How to find a job or training place
- Where to live
- how to travel
- local support groups and other services
- Answers to any questions you or your parents/carers may have about your future
Programme for the event:
10.00am Arrival and registration at Wandsworth Civic Suite
10.15am Welcome and opening speech from Justine Greening MP For Putney.
10.45am Keynote Speech from Marsha de Cordova, MP for Battersea
11am Wayne McGregor talking about his route to independence.
12 noon Health Bites - performance by Baked Bean Theatre Company about healthcare.
12.30pm Lunch catered by Share who are also providing tea and coffee
There will also be stands where you can talk to providers, who will include:
- 0 to 25 Disability Team C
- A2i Dyslexia C
- ACIS (Adult Care Information Service)
- Apprenticeships and Skills Development Officer (WBC) C
- Baked Bean Company C
- Beyond Autism C
- Care Trade C
- Carney's Community C
- Carshalton College and Kingston College C
- Deaf First C
- Disabled Children's Register (DCR), WAND and WAND+ Cards and Parent Champions C
- Enable Leisure and Culture C
- Free2b-alliance C
- Generate C
- Green Academies Project C
- HAIL C
- Healthwatch C
- Housing Options C
- National Autistic Society Wandsworth C
- One Trust C
- Orchard Hill College C
- Positive Parent Action C
- Prince's Trust C
- Project Search C
- Roots and Shoots C
- Share Community C
- South Thames College C
- Supported Employment Service Richmond and Wandsworth C
- Unique Youth C
- VoiceAbility (Wandsworth Advocates) C
- Wandsworth Carer's Centres C
- Wandsworth Family Information Service (FIS) C
- Wandsworth Information Advice and Support Service (WIASS) C
- Wandsworth Learning Disability Healthcare Team C
- Wandsworth Safeguarding Children Board C
- Wandsworth's Wikis C
- Wandsworth Work Match C
- WorkRight C
To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org