Nisai Learning is an online school. We provide live online classes taught by qualified subject-specific teachers across the country for students studying Key Stage 3, 4 or 5. We focus on students who struggle due to barriers which are physical, emotional or learning-related. Our goal is to ensure that every student is able to complete their education and gain accredited qualifications, regardless of the barriers they may face, such as Functional Skills, GCSEs and A Levels.
Nisai Virtual Academy
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Leah Freeman
- 020 8424 8475
Where to go
- Nisai Learning
Our Head Office is in Harrow and our Teachers are based in Stockton with our classes being accessed anywhere with an internet connection using a laptop, tablet or PC.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm, Term-time
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Please contact us directly.
- Other notes
Most of our students are aged between 11-18 years old but as we place our students in classes by ability, we do have older and younger students. We created an online platform called the Nisai Virtual Academy which students log on to and are taught by real teachers, in a real classroom online.
- The classes are live, interactive and in ‘real time’ meaning you can talk to and hear the teacher and your classmates as if you were in a classroom with them.
- We never have more than 12 students in a class and you are always in a group with others who are working at a similar level.
- Most of our lessons last for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on whether you are studying GCSE’s or A Levels. During the week you will have 4 lessons for each subject you are taking, assignments and homework.
- Every lesson is recorded so if you are unable to attend a lesson or you need to revise the subject, everything is available to you online.
- All of our teachers specialise in the subject they teach and have experience of and training in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs.
- All of our students are part of a community of learners that are learning with Nisai. We offer a whole range of clubs, societies, activities and more that students can join and be part of the school community.
As a Secretary of State Approved Provider, Nisai can be nominated as the educational provider for Education Health & Care Plans, particularly for Post 16 students. Nisai also has a direct EFA HNS Contract, adding an additional layer of quality assurance to the Nisai Virtual Academy and showing the diversity of approach that Nisai can offer across every age range and ability. We are also Ofsted inspected ‘Good’, a GESS Education Awards Finalist in 2016 and Winner in 2015, and a recipient of the Inclusion Quality Mark, highlighting the inclusivity of the Nisai Virtual Academy.