Skip to main content Live Chat

What if the local authority does not agree to assess my child or to issue an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment?

If you are unhappy about the decisions made by the local authority you should in the first instance seek to discuss and resolve those issues with your case manager/plan co - coordinator.

If disagreements remain, then the local authority will provide you with information about mediation services.  This service is provided in Wandsworth by KIDS SEND Mediation Service.

If you still disagree with the local authority you have the right to appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST). This is an independent body that considers and decides the outcome of parents/carers' appeals against the decisions of local authorities about children’s special educational needs.

Further support

WIASS (Wandsworth Information, Advice and Support Service) can offer information, advice and support to parents and young people.