Skip to main content Live Chat

Concerned about your child aged 5-18?

If you are worried that your child is not making the progress you think they should, then what should you do?

  1. Speak to your GP (doctor), school nurse or speciailst health visitor at the Early Years Centre
  2. If they cannot help you themselves, they can refer your child to a specialist clinic, therapist, nurse or doctor for further assessment.
  3. If you think your child, aged 5-8 has complex needs or a specific disability,you can contact the Early Years Centre.  The EYC has a team of professionals with a range of experience in assessing children from 0-8 years. 
  4. If you have concerns about your child's learning, physical or social, emotional and behavioural development, your GP, health visitor, nursery/school, hospital or the Early Years Centre can refer you to the Schools and Community Psychology Service (SCPS)
  5. If you are worried about your child's mental health, then you can ask your GP to refer your child to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), the referral should go through the ACCESS Team.