Wand & WAND+ Cards
Wandsworth's WAND and WAND+ Cards indicate that the card holder:
- is either a Wandsworth resident or 'looked after' by Wandsworth
- is a member of the Disabled Children's Register (DCR) (if under 18)
- has a significant level of special educational needs, disabilities or complex health needs.
To have a WAND Card you need to be a member of Wandsworth's Disabled Children's Register (DCR). (This is done as part of the application)
This is not necessary for a WAND+ Card for those over 18 years old.
What Can I use my WAND, WAND+ card for?
The WAND card team have negotiated concessions and discounts that are available from participating businesses and services in Wandsworth for WAND Card and WAND+ Card holders and their parents/carers.
To find out more click on the button "WAND Card Discounts and Offers"
The WAND Cards can also help avoid the need for lengthy explanations when asking for existing concessions and assistance within the borough.
Application & Eligibility
The WAND Card is for children and young people under 18 years old with special educational needs, disabilities or complex health needs.
The WAND+ Card is for young people 18 to 24 years old with special educational needs, disabilities or complex health needs.
On application, you will need to provide proof of your child’s eligibility for the WAND or WAND + Card
This should be one of the following:
• Proof of current tax credit to include the disabled child element
• A letter confirming current receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
• A current letter addressed to us from a medical/educational or social care professional confirming there is an additional need that impacts significantly on your child getting about and accessing services and activities.
We don't need to see original documentation - please scan or photograph the documents and attach them to your email.
Can’t find what you are looking for or need further help?
email@example.com 020 8871 8907