Skip to main content Live Chat

This section of Wandsworth's Local Offer explains the different types of educational provision available for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). 

Most children with SEND will attend mainstream:

The Ordinarily Available provision guidance sets out a description of the special educational provision expected to be available for children with SEND from early years providers, schools and post 16.

The Council provides a range of specialist advisory services which support these settings to meet a child’s or young person's needs.

You can find each school or nursery's SEN Information Report on their webpage on this website under "Other Details", "Related Links".  The SEN Information Report sets out how each school will meet it's pupils' special educational needs.

Some children may benefit from a more specialist setting, either;

If a child or young person needs a more specialist setting, they will need to have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan). The assessment for the EHC Plan will include consideration of the most suitable Wandsworth special school or resource base for them.

If a child or young person’s needs cannot be met in borough, the Council may seek a placement in provision in other local authorities or in a school on the Secretary of State’s approved list.

This section also sets out what educational opportunities are available for young people with SEND moving on from school to college or university.