Skip to main content

Most children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) will attend mainstream nurseries, schools and colleges or universities.  Wandsworth Council provides a range of specialist advisory services which will support nurseries, schools and colleges to meet a child’s or young person's needs. 

If a child or young person needs a specialist setting, either in:

  • a specialist resource base in a mainstream nursery or school,
  • or in a special school or college,

they will need to have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan).  The assessment for the EHC Plan will include consideration of the most suitable Wandsworth special school or resource base for them to attend.