Skip to main content Live Chat

Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility

If you have immediate concerns about your own safety or the safety of a child, young person or adult you should call 999 and speak to the police.

It is everyone’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.  If you are being abused or neglected, or if you are worried about a child, young person or adult you should contact the police, MASH (0 to 17 years) or Access Team (Adults 18+).

For children and young people up to 17 years old,

  • call 999 for the police in an emergency or
  • 020 8871 6622 for the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH),  email  

For adults, aged 18 and over,

To contact Children's or Adult's Social Services out of hours (at weekends and after 5pm and before 9am on weekdays, call 020 8871 6000.