Disability Swimming Club
Fun swimming lessons for disabled children of all abilities to learn to swim in a safe, supportive environment with qualified and friendly instructors.
Wandsworth Amateur Swimming Association (WASA) Disability Swimming Club will teach young swimmers how to swim and develop their techniques with an opportunity to progress into swimming clubs or competition.
For children and young people aged 5-12 years old who have a physical impairment, sensory impairment or learning disability.
Through WASA Disability Swimming Club young people can:
- learn to swim with qualified and friendly instructors;
- learn new strokes and develop their technique;
- progress into regular club swimming opportunities and competition;
- make new friends;
- keep fit and healthy; and
- have fun and enjoy a Paralympic and Olympic sport.
Spaces are limited so booking is essential.
To book a place and discuss your individual requirements please contact William Collins.
Children will need to bring suitable swimming costume, a towel, water and a change of clothes.
See what the club is like in the video, link below. They were raising money for Comic Relief.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Ernest Bevin College
- SW17 7DF
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Classes run every Saturday during the school term. Classes are 2.00pm, 2.30pm, 3.00pm and 4.00pm depending on age/ability group.
- Time of day
- Session Information
Saturdays 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Age Ranges
- From 5 years to 12 years
To access this service you can refer yourself or your child.
It is essential that you call in advance to book a place and to discuss your requirements.
Last updated: 05 May 2020