PANS/PANDAS UK Charity
PANS (paediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric syndrome) and PANDAS (paediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric syndrome associated with strep) are devastating neuropsychiatric conditions that are currently poorly recognised, diagnosed and supported both medically and in schools.
One estimate suggests that up to 1 in 200 children suffer from this condition.
The website includes:
- resources for parents including diagnostic criteria and details of local support groups
- resources for medical professionals
- resources for teachers and schools
- teacher training package
- Facebook group for parents/caregivers
- Facebook group for young people aged 12-17 with the condition
- Facebook group for adults
- links to further research
- advocacy and support from the charity
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Vicky Burford
- Contact Position
Children aged 4 to 19 who are displaying symptoms associated with the condition and/or diagnosed with the conditions. Affected children can be in mainstream, alternative, specialist provision or electively home educated.
Where to go
All of Wandsworth covered. We provide support via our Facebook group PANS PANDAS UK.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Time of day
- Session Information
Please join the Facebook group PANS PANDAS UK
where you can obtain further support as and when needed.
- Free at point of access, supported through the PANS/PANDAS UK Charity.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Self-referral, Education provider (consent obtained), SEND Specialists and Educational Psychologists.
Last updated: 01 Nov 2021