Skip to main content Live Chat

The WAND Card

Wandsworth's WAND Card helps a child or young person, up to 18 years old,  whose disability or special needs significantly impact on their ability to get out and about around the Borough. 

The WAND Card can be used as a form of identification, for example, as proof of eligibility for existing concessions.

A WAND Card holder may have:

  • a physical disability,
  • a major visual or hearing impairment,
  • a chronic physical illness,
  • autistic and communication disorders,
  • learning disability or
  • pre-school delay.

Where can you use the WAND card? Venues include:

You can apply for a WAND/WAND+ card using the button below. If you would prefer a paper version please ask the CDR Team for a registration form and explanatory leaflet or for further information about the DCR and the WAND card. 

Start CDR, WAND or WAND+ application

More information about the WAND card

More information about the CDR.

Who to contact

Contact Name
SEND Local Offer Team
Wandsworth's Local Offer

Where to go

CDR, WAND and WAND+ Team
4th Floor, Town Hall Extension
Wandsworth High Street
SW18 2PU
Get directions


Age Ranges
From 0 years to 17 years

Local Offer


What is Wandsworth’s Local Offer ?

To be eligible for the WAND Card, a child or young person has to live in the Borough of Wandsworth, be a member of the Disabled Children’s Register (DCR) and provide current, written evidence of either:

  • receipt of child tax credit to include the disabled child element; or
  • disability living allowance (DLA) at the middle or higher level; or
  • a letter or email from a medical or educational professional addressed to the Disabled Children's Register confirming there is a complex health need that impacts significantly on getting about and accessing services.

How to complain, compliment or feedback about this service, activity or provider.

Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)

Last updated: 15 Dec 2021

Is this information correct?