Wandsworth Sensory Support Service (WSSS)
Wandsworth Sensory Support Service (WSSS) is the outreach arm of Linden Lodge School, available to all children and young people with sensory impairment residing in Wandsworth. The service is skilled in caring for deaf, visually impaired and deafblind children, as well as those with complex needs. The service also gives help to the families of these children. They offer direct support with extensive home visiting services, emotional support and parent guidance, after school clubs and holiday plays schemes, and parent education programmes.
WSSS comprises Wandsworth Vision Support and Wandsworth Hearing Support Services. There are also Primary and Secondary Hearing Support Centres in Sellincourt Primary and Southfields Academy. The combined team of over 30 dedicated and committed staff provide education, care and support to almost 700 children and young people from birth to 25 years of age. This is the largest and most diverse team of professionals working in the field of sensory impairment in the south east.
The service's facilities include:
- Wandsworth Vision Support and Habilitation Service
- Wandsworth Hearing Support Service
- The Willow Hearing Support Centre
- The Rowan Hearing Support Centre
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Lodge, Linden Lodge School
61, Princes Way
- SW19 6JB
- Get directions
To use this service you:
- Can refer your child.
Alternatively, your child could be:
- Referred by your doctor/consultant or other health practitioner,
- Referred by your Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO),
- Referred by a professional using the Early Help Assessment
Last updated: 13 Jan 2022