Skip to main content Live Chat

KIDS SEND Mediation Service

KIDS SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability) Mediation service is an independent mediation and disagreement resolution service, which is free of charge for parents/carers and young people.

This service helps to settle disagreements between parents or young people and local authorities (LA’s), schools or other education providers. These disputes are often about the SEND of children and young people, and how best to meet their needs.  This includes requests for Education Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments.

If you have had your request for an EHC plan refused,  using mediation does not affect your right of appeal to the SENDIST Tribunal.  Parents and young people who wish to register an appeal to the Tribunal may do so only after they have contacted an independent mediation adviser to discuss whether mediation might be a suitable way of resolving the disagreement. It is not compulsory to attend mediation however; a certificate must be issued by the mediation advisers which can only be done after the parent or young person has made contact with the mediation team.

Visit the KIDS website for more details.

Who to contact

KIDS London SEN Mediation Service
Parent Organisation

Where to go

7-9, Elliott's Place
N1 8HX
Get directions

Local Offer


What is Wandsworth’s Local Offer ?

To use this service you or your child can refer yourself, or ask a professional to help refer you.

How to complain, compliment or feedback about this service, activity or provider.

Last updated: 20 Dec 2022