FORWARD (Foundation for Women's Health Research and Development) is an African Diaspora women led UK-registered campaign and support charity dedicated to advancing and safeguarding the sexual and reproductive health and rights of African girls and women.
FORWARD tackle female genital mutilation (FGM), child marriage and related rights of girls and young women.
FORWARD believes that:
- Protection of women and girls' rights and dignity are non-negotiable
- People's voices, needs and experiences should inform all our work
- Participation of girls, boys, women, men and community leaders promotes equity and ownership
- Provision of safe spaces and specialist services for girls and women should be central to programmes
- Partnerships and alliance building with civil society and community organisation, donor agencies and governments creates synergy and accelerates change
Visit the website for more information.
Who to contact
- 020 8960 4000
Last updated: 10 Jan 2023