Skip to main content Live Chat

Paediatric Gastroenterology Service at St George's Hospital

The paediatric gastroenterology service at St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust provides care for children and adolescents with the full range of gastrointestinal disorders.  

This service offers:

  • 4 specialist paediatric gastroenterology clinics per week, at the Dragon Children’s Centre
  • 1 multidisciplinary complex constipation clinic per month, at the Dragon Children’s Centre
  • Monthly nurse-run clinic for the administration of biologic therapy for patients with IBD
  • 3 - 4 multidisciplinary IBD transition clinics per year for the transition of IBD patients to the adult service held jointly with Dr Richard Pollok, Consultant in Adult Gastroenterology
  • The unit also has outreach gastroenterology clinics at East Surrey and Crawley hospitals.

This service treats many patients with paediatric inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and there has been active participation in a number of national (& international) IBD studies.  Patient data are entered into the UK IBD audit including the biological therapy audit.

They also treat a  significant number of patients with intestinal failure some of whom receive parenteral nutrition at home. These patients are entered into the British Intestinal Failure Study (BIFS).

There are multidisciplinary gastroenterology and nutrition ward rounds at St George’s Hospital twice a week with paediatric gastroenterology dietician and pharmacists.

There are two weekly endoscopy lists with paediatric anaesthetists and in child friendly settings.

Who to contact


Parent Organisation
St George's Hospital

Where to go

St George's Healthcare NHS Trust
Blackshaw Road
SW17 0QT
Get directions


Age Ranges
0 - 17 years
Referral required
Referral Details

Patients are referred by General Practitioners and there are many tertiary gastroenterology referrals from the South West Thames region. 



Local Offer


What is Wandsworth’s Local Offer ?

To access the services at St George's Hospital (other than the Accident & Emergency Department) you will generally need to be referred by your General Practitioner (GP) or another medical professional.

How to complain, compliment or feedback about this service, activity or provider.

Last updated: 29 Jul 2021

Is this information correct?