S.T.O.R.M. stands for Support, Trust, Opportunity, Rebuilding and Motivation.
This organisation started as a self-help group for lone mothers but has expanded its services to now working with a wider range of people in and around the local community, providing a more holistic service for all members of the family. The aim is to help rebuild self-esteem and confidence in people who have experienced difficult lives, through bad relationships or have missed out on educational opportunities and to build on community cohesion.
People who visit the organisation will get help with:
- Building their confidence and self-esteem;
- Counselling sessions and Art Therapy Workshops - a vital help for our users who have survived domestic violence
- Information Advice and Guidance on local services and support networks
- Access to Free Learning to gain accredited qualifications including Functional Skills Literacy/Numeracy and higher education which could lead to employment i.e. NVQ’s in Health and Social Care/Childcare/Hospitality/Teaching Assistant courses
- Essential provision by their Food Bank - food parcels given to the vulnerable and those in need across the local community
- Befriending Group - STORM’s weekly get-together for the community with lunch and recreation
- Support and guidance in taking the first important steps towards becoming more independent; and
- Becoming more economically active including receiving support and advice on returning to work
Just drop into their Job shop every Wednesday, 12pm-1pm to register, and gain one-to-one advice and support from one of their advisors. English classes are also provided for refugees – every Wednesday 10am-12pm. Just call if you have any queries.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Storm Family Centre
Young and Lucas Court
- SW11 5JF
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Thursday: 10am - 5:30pm
Last updated: 25 Jul 2022