Empowering Parents, Empowering Communities
The EPEC (Empowering Parents Empowering Communities) is a unique Parent Led course that helps parents learn practical communication skills to help them bring up happy, confident, co-operative children. It is for parents and carers of children aged 0 – 11 years.
The programme combines peer-led parenting groups with training and support provided by parenting specialists in local services. EPEC has been independently rated as an effective parenting programme, endorsed by the NHS South London and Maudsley and Kings Health Partners.
Early Help are the programme as it builds on families strengths, increases parenting skills, and empowers parents through training to give something back to their local community.
For more information, come to the coffee morning on Friday 10th March – 10:30am – 12pm.
Please see below for dates and times of the sessions.
Topics covered include
- understanding and managing children’s feelings
- parenting roles
- expectations and culture
- listening and communication
- play and interaction
- positive behaviour management and discipline
- managing parent and family stress
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Maxine Stephen or Hannah Marquand
Maxine: 07967 790 899
Hannah: 07866 124 646
- Maxine.Stephen@richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk or Hannah.Marquand@richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk
- Parent Organisation
- Fayland Children's Centre
Where to go
Fayland Children's Centre
- SW16 1SY
- Get directions
Bus routes: 57 and 333.
Train station: Streatham
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Fridays: 17th March - 12th May 2023: 10am - 12:30pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
Every Friday for 8 weeks
There will be no session on Monday 21st April 2023
Last updated: 02 Mar 2023