Special Guardianship Order
Special Guardianship is an order made by the court that places a child or a young person to live with someone permanently and gives legal status for non parents who are or wish to care for that child or young person in a long term secure placement.
The website below contains information on:
- What is Special Guardianship?
- What are the effects of a Special Guardianship Order?
- Who has Parental Responsibility?
- Alternatives to Special Guardianship
- The process involved when applying for Special Guardianship
- The kinds of support available for Special Guardians
Who to contact
Last updated: 21 Jan 2021