The National Debtline is a helpline and website that provides free, confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.
The helpline and website are for anyone affected by the issues surrounding debt.
On the website you can:
- download an information pack to deal with your debt problems;
- use the personal budget section to work out what repayments you can afford;
- use the sample letters to write to your creditors;
- visit the debt advice section to get information that may help you deal with your debt problem;
- access their library of factsheets; and
- see if you can pay your debts using a Debt Management Plan (DMP).
Alternatively, you can call the National Debtline for free during opening hours.
Who to contact
- 0808 808 4000
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Freephone, including all mobiles: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 9:00pm.
Saturday 9:30am - 1:00pm
Last updated: 10 Nov 2022