Wandsworth Family Link
This service arranges weekend breaks with a foster carer for children and young people with severe disabilities.
The age range catered for is 0-18 years old.
The benefits are:
- the child or young person gets to have an enjoyable weekend with a foster carer; and
- their family can have a break from caring for them.
Referrals to the Supporting Disabled Children Service to request social care can be made through the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) through the special school the child or young person attends or by parents or carers under the Social Care Referral Eligibility Criteria.
Foster carers are trained, supported and paid an allowance. Wandsworth Family Link are looking for people to give a weekend a month to care for a child with disabilities. You can find out more about fostering in Wandsworth on the Fostering website.
Who to contact
- 020 8767 9995
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Families need to be referred to this service. Referrals are usually made by a social worker in the Supporting Disabled Children Service
What is Wandsworth’s Local Offer?
Access to this service is normally via the Supporting Disabled Children Service
- Your child needs to be referred to the Supporting Disabled Children Service by:
- The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- The Multi Agency Complex Needs Panel
- The special school the child or young person attends or
- By parents or carers under the Social Care Referral Eligibility Criteria
How to complain, compliment or feedback about this service, activity or provider.
Last updated: 17 Feb 2023