Appealing a SEND Travel Assistance decision
If you are not satisfied with the Travel Assistance outcome, you can appeal the decision.
Application decisions from the SEND Travel Assistance panel, will be emailed to you with a letter. If you disagree with the decision, you can lodge an online appeal.
How are appeals administered
Appeals are administered in two stages:
Stage 1 appeal
- You have 20 working days from receipt of the Council’s offer to complete the online appeal form for a review of the decision.
- Within 5 working days of the appeal form being received, you will be sent confirmation that your appeal has been received and is under review.
- Further evidence may be requested to support the appeal and there may be consultation with relevant professionals.
- The appeal will be reviewed by a service manager, and a response will be sent to you by email within 20 working days.
Please click the button below to complete a Stage 1 appeal:
If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of the Stage 1 appeal, you should lodge an online Stage 2 appeal within 20 working days of receiving the Stage 1 appeal decision.
Stage 2 appeal
- The Stage 2 appeal will be reviewed by an independent panel, this will involve consideration of evidence gathered and the reasons for the decision being made.
- The Travel Assistance team will inform you of the designated date / time and you will be offered the option to attend the Stage 2 appeal online meeting.
- The Stage 2 appeal will be discussed at an online meeting and will last half an hour. You have the right to attend to present your case verbally at the online meeting.
- A decision letter will be sent to you by email within 40 working days of the appeal being received.
- If you feel we have failed to comply with the procedural rules or if there are any other irregularities in the way an appeal was handled, you may have a right to refer the matter to the Local Government Ombudsman.
Please click the button below to complete a Stage 2 appeal:
If you require further advice and support regarding the appeals process please contact:
Wandsworth Information, Advice and Support Service (WIASS)
If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you can contact the Local Government & Social care Ombudsman, who may be able to assist you. Please see the link provided below: School transport - Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- SEN Travel Assistance Team
Last updated: 01 Feb 2023