Smallwood Children's Centre
The Children’s Centre is for all parents and carers of children aged 0 - 3.5 years. You will find a welcoming space where you and your child can learn through play and meet other children.
What to expect:
- advice, guidance and support around your child's development
- drop in Stay, Play and Learn sessions
- a fantastic programme for babies, one- and two-year-olds
- Well Baby Clinics
- speech and language support
- a healthy lifestyle programme
The benefits of attending a Children’s Centre include:
- you can learn to play creatively with your child
- your child can develop their communication and language skills
- you can learn about supporting your child's behaviour and extending your parenting skills
- you can learn about healthy lifestyles
- you can meet other parents
- you can get support around all kinds of issues that affect parents every day.
The Children's Centre team are here to help with SEND support, money management, registering for Healthy Start vouchers and vitamin drops, as well as for support, advice and guidance.
Some sessions need to be pre-booked, and others are by invitation only - please see the timetable under 'Downloads' for information.
The Senior Early Years Practitioner is Sasha Sagoe, but please direct all general enquiries to Amanda Gurbarran on the details below.
The children's centre offer is changing. Check out our new Start for Life offer. Please see the timetable under 'Downloads' for what's happening in children's centres across the borough.
How to register:
To access services being offered at your local Children's Centre, you will need to register your family details. You can do this by either completing the online Family Registration Form (below) or by completing a paper Family Registration Form at your local Children's Centre.
Enhanced Children's Centre
There is a borough-wide service at the Enhanced Children's Centre for children aged 0 to 5 who need additional support due to a disability, medical need or for reasons that are not yet clear.
Who to contact
020 8871 8585
07813 54 2856
07929 874 341
Where to go
- Smallwood Children's Centre (Next to Smallwood Primary School)
Hazlehurst Road, (Off Smallwood Road)
- SW17 0TW
- Get directions
Buses: 44, 77 and 270
Underground: Tooting Broadway
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 4:00pm
To use the Children's Centre you can drop in, though some activities may require booking. The activities are free.
Last updated: 30 Nov 2023