Wandsworth Vision Support Service (WVSS)
The Wandsworth Vision Support Service (WVSS) is a free specialist service provided by Wandsworth for children and young people aged 0-25 with vision impairment who live or go to school in Wandsworth.
The service includes Qualified Teachers for the Visually Impaired (QTVIs) and Habilitation Specialists.
QTVIs provide training and advice on accessing and differentiating the curriculum.
The Habilitation team work directly with young people to empower and enable safe and independent movement skills in their immediate environment, whilst attaining transferable skills for life.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Lodge
Linden Lodge School
61 Princes Way
- SW19 6JB
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Session Information
Most work is carried out during term time
although we are able to respond to queries throughout the year. We also offer some visits during school holidays when needed
such as accompanying families to hospital appointments and carrying out home visits to some of our pre-school children
who require regular input. Most visits take place between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. although we always endeavour to respond to individual need.
- There is no charge for visually impaired CYP who are residents of Wandsworth. There is no charge for visually impaired CYP not residing in Wandsworth, who are attending the borough’s maintained schools. Charges relating to non-Wandsworth visually impaired CYP placed in the borough’s non-maintained schools need to be discussed with the Team Leader.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals can be made by professionals or parents/ carers who are concerned about their child’s vision. Please email for a copy of our referral form. All CYP will need to have been seen by a medical eye specialist first before a referral is made to our Service.
Complaints, concerns or compliments about this service or activity
Feedback is obtained from families and schools. We use this feedback to help us review and improve our Service. If you have a particular concern please, in the first instance, speak to the member of staff concerned. If it cannot be resolved, please contact Sabrina Djazoul, Head of Service: Call her on 020 8394 5944.
To use this service you:
- Can refer yourself or your child, or you can be
- Referred by your doctor/specialist or another health practitioner.
- All children or young people will need to have been seen by a medical eye specialist first before a referral is made to this Service.
Last updated: 07 Jul 2022