The Marmalade Bear
The Marmalade Bear, formerly known as the Red Balloon, joined the Marmalade Schools in 2011. The school is situated close to Bellevue Road and Wandsworth Common Station and caters for children from 2 to 5 years old.
The Head Teacher is Miss Karen Wright, BA Ed Hons (with a special interest in special needs). Miss Wright has been teaching at the Marmalade Bear for 10 years. The School has 48 children at any one session and nine full time teachers, including 5 visiting teachers.
They aim to provide a fun, happy and secure environment in which your child can develop at his/her own pace. The Marmalade Bear wants to give your child the very best nursery education. A child should be happy, confident, challenged and able to reach their potential with us academically, socially and emotionally.
Please contact the Marmalade Schools for further information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- St Mary Magdalene Church Hall
212, Trinity Road
- SW17 7HP
- Get directions
Buses: 219, 319 and G1 Underground: Tooting Bec Overground: Wandsworth Common
- £1950 per term (based on five morning sessions only)
£1750 per term (based on five afternoon sessions only)
£1080 per term (based on three afternoon sessions only)
Dependent on some parents circumstances, decisions can be made.
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years to 5 years
- Has Provision
- Straight into the Hall on one level and disabled toilet. Please contact nursery to discuss wheelchair access requirements.
- Experience with
- There is a SENCO on site and teachers attend courses (Makaton, Portage). Please contact nursery to discuss other needs.
- All diets can be catered for. Please call to discuss details.
- The nursery welcomes children from all backgrounds. Activities reflect wide ranging cultures. Cultures are reflected in toys, books and images.
- 3 & 4 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 8:45am 4:00pm
Songs and rhymes
Sand and water play
Visits and outings
Kitchen and cooking
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Search for latest inspection report at Ofsted
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 05/03/2008 Integrated Good 28/11/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/05/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Last updated: 26 Apr 2022