Contact, the charity for families with disabled children.
Contact is a nationwide charity providing support, advice and information for families with children and young people up to 19 years old who have disabilities or special needs.
Anyone can contact them for information.
This service offers:
- a freephone helpline for parents and professionals staffed by trained advisors;
- information and advice on a wide range of issues including welfare rights, education, short breaks, local services and local support;
- Independent Support services to provide information and support for Wandsworth families
- publications, newsletters, parent guides and research reports;
- medical information about a large number of conditions and related support;
- one-to-one practical and emotional support to families with disabled children;
- local, regional and national offices providing information, workshops and support; and guides to claiming a range of tax credits, benefits and grants.
Contact campaigns to improve the circumstances of families with disabled children and their right to fully participate in society.
Local office available to Wandsworth families, Contact Wandsworth
Who to contact
Where to go
- EC1V 1JN
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Age Ranges
- From 0 years to 19 years
Parents and carers can contact this service themselves or ask a professional, such as a health visitor, or social worker to help them. In order to become a member you will need to complete a membership form.
Meetings with parents can be arranged at the Contact offices around the borough or in parents' own homes - whichever is more convenient.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)
Last updated: 11 Aug 2020