Paediatric Neurodevelopment/Neurodisability and Epilepsy Service at St George's Hospital
St George’s NHS Trust Paediatric Neurodevelopmental, Neurodisability and Epilepsy Service is well established and offers a child-centred, consultant led service.
This branch of medicine deals with children with serious developmental and/or behavioural problems such as autistic spectrum disorder (ASD), attention deficit disorder (ADHD), or traumatic brain injury (TBI), Downs Syndrome, cerebral palsy, and epilepsy.
It is part of the integrated child health department of St George’s Hospital and offers a comprehensive service for a wide range of neurodevelopmental or neurodisability conditions. Children referred to this service will undergo a multiprofessional assessment process to establish the most appropriate treatment and care plan. The team currently consists of 4 consultants and 1 associated specialist.
The Paediatric Neurodevelopmental, Neurodisability and Epilepsy Service at St George's Hospital offers;
- Complex neurodisability clinics based at the Child Development Centre including joint neurodisability /respiratory clinics and joint neurology clinics
- The secondary paediatric Epilepsy clinic, including transition clinics
- Multidisciplinary Botulinum toxin injection service
- Inpatient complex neurodisabilty service
- Outreach Developmental Clinics
- ADHD clinics
- Multi-disciplinary ASD assessments at the Early Years Centre
- Multi-professional assessments of complex neurodisability children
- Medical assessments for children undergoing statutory assessment for special education needs
- Medical assessments for looked after children
Visit the website for more details.
Who to contact
Where to go
- St George's Healthcare NHS Trust
- SW17 0QT
- Get directions
To use this service you need to be:
- Referred by your doctor/consultant or other health practitioner
Last updated: 06 Jan 2022