Wandsworth Autism Advisory Service (WAAS) - Training
How to make a referral and consent form
The Wandsworth Autism Advisory Service is registered trainer for the Autism Education Trust.
For more information about the training modules.
• AET Making Sense of Autism (90 minute) Training delivered for schools/ settings via (currently via Microsoft Teams) If you would like to discuss the possibility of receiving free online training for the staff in your setting please email:AutismTraining@wandsworth.gov.uk
• AET Level 2 Good Autism Practice (6 hour training delivered free of charge until Dec 2020) A charge will be applicable after this date. Please note that due to covid 19 this program is under review.
• Training and modelling to set up and run specific interventions to meet the needs of
children/young people with autism/ social communication disorders including:
- Attention Group
- Lego Group
- Zones of Regulation
- TEACCH approach
- Social communication groups
- Training to set up sensory diets/ sensory circuits for individuals or small groups
- Use of comic strips etc
Other training includes specific, targeted and specialist training from our therapy and psychology arm.
Training and learning walks can be provided to independent schools at a charge.
Who to contact
- 020 8871 6882
Where to go
- Early Years Centre
1, Siward Road
- SW17 0LA
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Age Ranges
- 0 to 19 years (up to 25 with an EHCP)
- Referral required
- Referral Details
This service is for parents/carers and families of children with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
This service is for Wandsworth's parents/carers and families of children/young people with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
- Parent/carer support is available to all Wandsworth residents regardless of the child/ young person’s educational placement
Last updated: 06 Jan 2022