5 -10 Zip Oyster photocard
If your child is under the age of 11, they can travel free on most TfL and some National Rail services. They may need a 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard to travel free or at child rate.
Your child only needs a 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard to travel free on Tube, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services if:
- they're travelling without an adult; or
- they look older than 10.
Your child doesn't need an Oyster photocard:
- to travel free on buses and trams;
- to buy child-rate cash single and return tickets or Day Travelcards; or
- if they're with an adult who has a valid ticket, Freedom Pass, 60+ London or Veterans Oyster photocard, or who is using pay as you go (up to four children per adult).
For full details, visit the TFL website below. A parent or guardian must apply on their behalf. You can apply online or at a Post Office in London.
Who to contact
- An administration fee is payable at the time of application. Visit the TFL website for details.
Last updated: 26 Apr 2022