Burntwood School is an Academy school for girls aged 11-18.
Burntwood was opened as a new school in September 1986, although there was a school on the site before that time. In the last few years virtually the whole school has been rebuilt and now has many brand new facilities. The school became an Academy in 2013. Academy schools are state-funded schools that are funded directly by central government and are independent of direct control by the local authority.
The school's mission statement is 'the best education today for the women of tomorrow', and they aim to:
- Encourage enquiring minds and a life-long interest in learning.
- Promote an understanding community in which all members are respected and their talents and achievements celebrated.
- Provide an excellent challenging education which enables all individuals to reach their full potential.
- Provide a wide range of opportunities and experiences which will broaden our students' horizons.
- Develop thinking, informed and confident women who will be able to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
- Provide a calm, orderly environment in which students and staff can feel secure.
- Maintain a strong Burntwood identity which fosters success and the high self-esteem of both staff and students.
- Communicate the school aims clearly so that they are both understood and supported by the families of our students.
Please see the school's website for further information.
Click here to find out how to apply for a secondary place.
Who to contact
Where to go
- SW17 0AQ
- Get directions
Bus routes: 44, 77, 219, 249, 270, 319, 690 and G1. Nearseat stations: Earlsfield (South West Trains), Tooting Broadway (Northern Line).
- Ofsted URN
- Search for latest inspection report at Ofsted
Last updated: 17 Mar 2022