The Advocacy People
Support when you need a voice
As an independent charity, all of the services The Advocacy People provide are free and confidential.
We all know how hard it can be when we don’t feel listened to, when what’s important to us isn’t taken seriously by others, or we just don’t have the words to say what we really feel or want.
It can be even more difficult when decisions are being made about our health and social welfare.
We’re The Advocacy People and we can help. We’ll take time to understand your situation, explore the options and help you decide what you want to do and how you want to do it. We can give you as much or as little support as you want to put your views across.
We won’t judge you, tell you what to do or take over things when you can do them yourself: it’s your life and you deserve to be heard.
The Advocacy People can support young people who are:-
• Children looked after aged 0-18 years
• Children leaving care aged 18-25 years
• Children subject to child protection procedures aged 6-18 years
• Children in need aged 0-18 years
• Children on mental health wards in the borough aged 0-18, including children on the deaf ward held under the mental health act aged 6-18 years
• All categories listed above include provision for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities requiring advocacy for their care related needs.
Professionals, families and children and young people themselves can make a referral to The Advocacy People by calling 0330 440 9000, visiting the website www.theadvocacypeople.org.uk or emailing email@example.com
Who to contact
- 0330 440 9000
- the advocacy people
Last updated: 27 Feb 2023