Paediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology Service at St George's Hospital
St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust treats children and adolescents for growth, endocrine and diabetes problems. The endocrine service sees both local and regional patients either at St George’s or at peripheral outreach clinics.
They have close links with the adult diabetes and endocrine service to ensure a smooth transfer to the adult services.
This service offers:
- general endocrine each week in the Dragon Children’s Centre,
- full paediatric diabetes MDT (nursing, dietetic, psychological and medical staff) clinics each week in the Dragon Children’s Centre,
- transition to adult clinic in the Thomas Addison Unit monthly,
- provision for pump therapy and diagnostic Continuous Glucose Monitoring, and multiple daily injections,
- endocrine service for children with cancer is also provided as part of the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
They also offer 24 hour advice for in/out-patients with diabetes and endocrine disorders.
Please see St George's website below for more information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- St George's Healthcare NHS Trust
- SW17 0QT
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- 0 - 17 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Access information – The endocrine and diabetic teams take direct same day referrals from GPs for urgent cases. Written referrals can be directed to the Paediatric Endocrine/Diabetes secretary or through the Choose and Book system.
To use this service you need to be:
- Referred by your doctor/consultant or other health practitioner
Last updated: 17 Jan 2022