Disability Cricket in Wandsworth
Surrey Cricket Board is organising a Disability Cricket activity in Wandsworth. This activity is for young people aged 14+ with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities. The activity is funded by the Lord's Taverners and the Berkeley Foundation.
Disabled young people can:
- have fun and make new friends,
- enjoy learning how to play cricket,
- get active with professional sports coaches,
- develop confidence, team building and communications skills.
During the winter (October to April) the sessions will take place at Burntwood School, Burntwood Lane, London SW17 0AQ. During the summer (May to July) they will be held at Spencer Cricket Club, Fieldview (Off Burntwood Lane), London SW18 3HF.
During training, play will involve the use of soft balls to avoid injuries. Once players are familiar with the rules of play, players will get the opportunity to play matches against other boroughs.
Please see the website/flyer for more details.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Alain Jason
- 0777 589 3650
- Parent Organisation
- The Spencer Club
Where to go
- The Spencer Sports Club
- SW18 3HF
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Mondays: 4pm to 5pm. This activity takes place during term time only.
- Free to participate for young people with disabilities
- Age Ranges
- Other notes
Spencer Cricket Club presently has the largest junior section the country with over 950 junior members, of which about 200 are girls. They also have a women’s cricket team.
What is Wandsworth’s Local Offer ?
To use this service you:
- Can refer your child and
- Should contact Alain Jason for more information
How to complain, compliment or feedback about this service, activity or provider.
Last updated: 11 Aug 2022