Travel Assistance Budgets
Home to school Travel Assistance Budgets (TAB)
Travel Assistance budgets eligibility
- Aged 5-19 with severe physical and learning disabilities
- Wandsworth issued Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or who have an Assessment Placement in one of the borough’s specialist provisions
- Health and safety of a child in relation to their special educational needs
- The need for specialist transport assistance due to medical needs
- The statutory walking distance is beyond 2 miles (if below the age of 8); or beyond 3 miles (if aged between 8 and 19)
- The nearest qualifying school that provides education appropriate to the age, ability and aptitude of the child, and any SEND that the child may have.
- Each application will be assessed on individual needs in order to identify the appropriate form of travel assistance if deemed to be required.
- Consideration will be given to whether a child can reasonably walk to school or use public transport under the offer of free transport by TFL, with a responsible adult
What is a Travel Assistance budget?
Travel Assistance Budgets (TABs) are available where a child or young person is entitled for Travel Assistance to school as a result of their Special Educational Needs and disability (SEND). The Council's SEND Travel Assistance Team will assess matters for suitability against DfE Guidelines and the SEND Travel Assistance Policy, at fortnightly panels.
The aim is to support families to take their own children to school, reduce journey times, and/or to support the independence of the young person and enable them to become independent travellers
The Council will consider paying a Travel Assistance Budget calculated using an enhanced mileage allowance based on distance to school, with an additional rate if an escort is required.
Travel Assistance will be determined by the child’s termly attendance and punctuality at school.
The budget may be used in a variety of ways, for example:
- Driving or cycling a child to school
- Purchasing a travel pass for a parent or trusted escort
- Paying an escort or travel buddy
- Sharing transport with another parent
- Purchasing childcare for siblings
- Payment towards a taxi
What are the benefits
This Travel Assistance budget can be spent in any way seen fit to enable the child to get to school, keeping flexibility and control within the family. The payments are split throughout the financial year and the money is paid at the start of each school term.
If a parent/carer receives a TAB, it is their duty to use that payment to arrange for their child to get to and from school every school day. It is parents’ responsibility to ensure that travel provided is safe and accessible and that school attendance is maintained.
The Council will consider any package or option proposed by a parent or group of parents that enables parents to take full or partial responsibility for travel arrangements for an eligible child/children. The budget will be individually tailored to each family’s circumstances.
One of the key benefits is that it also gives parents/carers the flexibility to choose the mode of transport that suits their circumstances as the budget allows them to switch from one mode of transport to another.
How much is the Travel Assistance budget?
- 0.96 pence per mile for schools in Wandsworth
- 0.92 pence per miles for schools out of Wandsworth
- 0.72 pence per mile for schools out of London
How the Travel Assistance budget is calculated
TABs are based on the home to school milage, and the distance is calculated using Google maps with the shortest route, in line with the DfE statutory walking distance guidance.
How to apply
Please use the link below to complete a SEND Travel Assistance home to school application, which will then be assessed at the SEND Travel Assistance panel every 2 weeks.
It can take up to 4 working weeks to receive the payment from when the outcome is given to the parent/carer.
You can contact the SEND Travel Assistance team to discuss Travel Assistance Budget in more detail if required.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- SEN Travel Assistance Team
- 020 8871 7967
Last updated: 01 Feb 2023