Wandsworth Lifelong Learning Apprenticeship Scheme
Welcome to the Wandsworth Lifelong Learning Apprenticeship Programme!
Wandsworth Council’s Lifelong Learning service is part of the Council’s Children’s Services Department
Wandsworth Lifelong Learning is committed to developing opportunities for young people and broadening their choices to give them the best start in life. We deliver a range of work-based learning programmes and have been running a successful Apprenticeship programme for more then 8 years.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes for young people (16+) and adults of all ages.
We offer Apprenticeships in:
• Business Administration
• Customer Service
• Health & Social Care pathway - Adult Care Worker
• Team Supervisor & Operational Management
• Teaching Assistant
• Early Years - Childcare
• Coaching Professional
• Learning Mentor
Wandsworth Lifelong Learning offer Apprenticeships at:
- Level 2 (Intermediate Apprenticeship)
- Level 3 (Advanced Apprenticeship)
- Level 4 (Higher Apprenticeship)
- Level 5 (Higher Apprenticeship)
All apprentices will gain an accredited standard, functional skills in English, maths and in some cases digital skills.
What does an Apprenticeships standard include
The components of an Apprenticeship will vary depending on the standard being worked towards but in most instances they will include:
- A Combined Competency and Knowledge Qualification
- Functional Skills in Maths
- Functional Skills in English
How long will it take me?
An Apprenticeship will take between 12 - 24 months, and you will work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Will I earn a salary?
Yes. New entrants to the labour market receive an apprenticeship salary. Existing employees receive their salary and are able to access funding to support their training.
The benefits of Apprenticeships
An Apprenticeship is a great way of gaining new skills, knowledge and confidence to progress in your chosen career.
Some benefits include:
- Earning a salary
- Getting paid holidays
- Receiving training
- Gaining a qualification
- Learning job specific skills
If you complete your apprenticeship, it is equivalent to:
- 5 A* - C GCSEs at Intermediate (Level 2)
- 2 A-Levels at Advanced (Level 3)
- Foundation Degree equivalent (Level 4)
The main criteria for success are:
- A strong attendance and punctuality record
- A good standard of work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to working hard
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Wandsworth Lifelong Learning Provider
- Contact Position
- Work Based Learning Manager
- 07966 218 591
- Wandsworth Lifelong Learning Apprenticeship Scheme
- Parent Organisation
- Wandsworth Council Lifelong Learning
Where to go
Gwynneth Morgan Centre
52 East Hill
- SW18 2HJ
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Time of day
All Wandsworth Residents have access to this service.
The Lifelong Learning Team aims to improve the quality of life skills and employability of all Wandsworth residents.
Last updated: 02 Dec 2021