Wandsworth Connected – HAF 2023/24
The Wandsworth Connected – HAF programme is for young people and families in receipt of Pupil Premium (benefit related free school meals), from school years reception to Year 11, to access activities and services during the winter, Easter and summer school holidays, including a nutritious meal and a fun physical activity every day.
All Wandsworth Connected – HAF activities will provide an element of nutritional education and the meals provided will meet dietary requirements and food standards.
The next Wandsworth Council - HAF programme will run in the Easter holidays from 2nd April to 12th April 2024 inclusive. Bookings will open nearer the time.
What do you need to know?
The Holiday Activity and Food (HAF) programme is funded by the Department of Education (DfE) to enable the provision of activities and food for children, with a focus on those in receipt of benefit related free school meals.
In Wandsworth we deliver the programme during the winter, Easter and summer school holidays. There are a variety of community and voluntary organisations as well as internal clubs who are offering a range of safe, fun, and enriching activities with a hot meal during the school breaks, throughout Wandsworth.
The aims of the programme are to encourage children to:
- eat more nutritiously over the winter, Easter and summer school holidays,
- take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character, and wellbeing, along with their wider educational attainment,
- be safe and not to be socially isolated,
- have a greater knowledge of nutrition and wellbeing,
- be more engaged with school and other local services,
- we also want to ensure signposting, and advice is available for families who participate in this programme and develop their understanding of nutrition.
Usage of data
We will be collecting special category data including information on ethnicity and health (including special educational needs). This data will be used as part of the mandatory requirement for safeguarding children's needs. The health information will also ensure your child is safe and fully supported to take part in our holiday activities.
Aggregated data will be shared with the Department of Education to ensure future funding for holiday activities. This will be provided to them anonymously and collectively, not at an individual child level.
More information on data privacy notices can be found on our booking system.
How to book?
- Click on yellow “Book here” button below (only available before and during the winter, Easter and summer school holidays) to look at our programme of activities with your child/ren to decide which they would like to attend.
- You can filter the activities by age and by location, but you can go anywhere in Wandsworth to attend an activity!
- All places are booked on a first come, first served basis. However, there may be cancellations, so keep checking online - a space may become free!
- You will be able to see all the activities, what time they start and finish, and where they are located on your profile homepage, making it easier for you to know where to go.
- If a child can no longer attend a booked space - please cancel or contact the Provider immediately, so we can offer another child the space. Persistent no shows (without cancelling or informing the provider) could risk the child being able to attend future activities.
SEND: if your child has special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), please provide more information online when you are making the booking and complete and email the “SEND - Form” (found on this page in the “Downloads” section) directly to the provider of the activity you wish to attend. This is to ensure that your child is supported to take part in and enjoy the activities, so please provide as much detail as you can. If your child has a high level of support and/or behavioural needs, or you would like any support to book onto an activity, please get in touch with us: wandsworthHAF@wandsworth.gov.uk
Please note: when booking, please ensure that you read the activity information, recommended ages and have informed the provider of any additional needs to avoid being turned away; the council cannot take any responsibility if this happens.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Wandsworth HAF Team
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
Last updated: 05 Feb 2024