Wandsworth Connected – Summer HAF 2022
The Wandsworth Connected – Summer HAF programme is for young people and families in receipt of free school meals, aged 4 – 19 years (up to 25 years with additional needs) to access activities and services during the Summer Holidays, including a nutritious meal and a fun physical activity every day.
All Wandsworth Connected – Summer HAF activities will provide an element of nutritional education and the meals provided will meet dietary requirements and food standards.
Activities last for a minimum of 4 hours per day and for at least 4 days over the summer holiday. Young people can access multiple provisions if they do not overlap. Healthy meals will always be provided.
Providers will be putting their activities on the booking system from 27th June. Please keep checking after this date.
What do you need to know?
The Holiday Activity and Food (HAF) programme is funded by the Department of Education (DfE) to enable the provision of activities and food for children, with a particular focus on those in receipt of free school meals.
Children and families can have fun across the borough over the summer holiday. There are a variety of community and voluntary organisations as well as internal clubs who are offering a range of safe, fun, and enriching activities with a hot meal during the summer break, throughout Wandsworth.
Wandsworth Connected Summer HAF 2022, (funded by the Department for Education – Holiday Activity and Food Fund HAF), is targeted to support:
- Children and young people from 4 -16 years old, who receive free school meals
- Have an EHCP
- Parent on a low income and experiencing food poverty
- Children that should be eligible for FSM but not receiving it
- Families without access to Public Recourse. If the child’s family has no recourse to public funds and the child is now in receipt of FSM (not including universal infant free school meals), they can be told to apply.
Please see a timetable of all our Providers activities in the downloads section.
The aims of the programme are to encourage children to:
- Eat more nutritiously over the summer holidays,
- Take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character, and wellbeing, along with their wider educational attainment,
- be safe and not to be socially isolated,
- Have a greater knowledge of nutrition and wellbeing,
- Be more engaged with school and other local services,
- We also want to ensure signposting, and advice is available for families who participate in this programme and develop their understanding of nutrition.
Usage of data
We will be collecting special category data including information on ethnicity and health (including special educational needs). This data will be used as part of the mandatory requirement for safeguarding children's needs. The health information will also ensure your child is safe and fully supported to take part in our holiday activities.
Aggregated data will be shared with the Department of Education to ensure future funding for holiday activities. This will be provided to them anonymously and collectively, not at an individual child level.
More information on data privacy notices can be found on our booking system.
How to book?
- Providers will be putting their activities on the booking system from 27th June. Please keep checking after this date.
- Click on the link under 'Downloads' to look at our programme of activities with your child/ren to decide which they would like to attend.
- You can filter the activities by age and by location, but you can go anywhere in Wandsworth to attend an activity!
- All places are booked on a first come, first served basis. However, there may be cancellations, so keep checking online - a space may become free!
- You will be able to see all the activities, what time they start and finish, and where they are located on your profile homepage, making it easier for you to know where to go
- You can find details on how to use the booking site by clicking here
SEND: if your child has special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), please provide more information online when you are making the booking.
This is to ensure that your child is supported to take part in and enjoy the activities, so please provide as much detail as you can. If your child has a high level of support and/or behavioural needs, or you would like any support to book onto an activity, please get in touch with us: wandsworthHAF@wandsworth.gov.uk
Please note when booking, please ensure that you read the activity information and recommended ages to avoid being turned away; the council cannot take any responsibility if this happens.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Avon Carrington
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
Last updated: 27 Jun 2022