The 30 Hours Extended Childcare Offer
The 30 Hours Extended Childcare Offer - an additional 15 hours of funded childcare for working parents of 3 and 4 year old children.
Are you a working parent with a three year old child? Does your child attend a nursery or childminder?
Would you benefit from an additional 15 hours of funded childcare?
** Click Here To Apply **
All 3 and 4 year old children are entitled to 15 hours of funded childcare, a total of 570 hours per year can be claimed.
However, some working parents can claim an additional 15 hours of funded childcare.
This will be a total of 1140 hours per year that can be claimed.
To be eligible to apply for the additional 15 hours of funded childcare, the household must:
- Be a two-parent working family or a lone working parent
- Have all parents working and each parent earning on average:
- the equivalent of 16 hours a week at the National Minimum or Living Wage (includes income received from tax credits or Universal Credit), and
- earning less than £100,000 per year
NB if one parent’s income exceeds £100,000 the household will not be eligible
Both parents usually working, but one is temporarily out of work for a particular reason, as explained below:
- One/ both parent/s is away from work on leave (parental, maternity etc.)
- One/ both parent/s is in receipt of Statutory Sick Pay
- Parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible, as are those who are registered as self-employed.
- One parent is employed and the other parent has either: substantial caring responsibilities/ and or disability based on specific benefits received for caring; is a foster carer with their own three- and four-year-old children.
Parents who are in training will not be eligible as they can receive other Government support.
Parents can apply at https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow.
Please also look at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for help with childcare options.
Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us:
Wandsworth Early Education and Childcare Places Team (EECP)
Phone: 020 8871 7899
Last updated: 04 Feb 2021